Xanthe Quayle Landscape Architects (XQLA) – formerly Camlin Lonsdale – is an award-winning independent design practice with a distinctive and holistic approach, with work of an exclusively high quality and demanding nature being undertaken across the UK. We are looking for creative individuals to join our design studio in the Pennines, West Yorkshire, and would love to hear from you! Our small office is made up of a friendly team working collaboratively and creatively within a broad network of like-minded built environment professionals, to achieve the delivery of sustainable and unique places.
Working in a thriving village with good links to Manchester and Leeds, we can offer a great life-work balance and hybrid working, if necessary, as well as a competitive salary package.
The successful candidate will work on a broad range of projects across a variety of scales within the UK. Examples of projects include public realm design in Calderdale and Stafford, the refurbishment of a church in Liverpool and the development of a sustainable cycling product.
As a company, we understand the potential of our work to contribute to the well-being of people, their communities, and the host environment; the virtuous circles we can nurture within them and the natural world more broadly. As such, the delivery of sustainable and unique places are prerequisites to our wider aspiration. This demands us to push at the boundaries of our discipline and to explore creative solutions, alongside our built environment counterparts, to what can often appear to be intractable or overwhelming challenges. To achieve these wider social and environmental aspirations we seek to appoint people who are passionate about landscape architecture with good technical skills, but who are also good communicators and independent thinkers.
Please visit www.xanthequayle.com/work/ to understand more about our work and approach.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are looking at all levels, so if you are interested, please send your CV and some examples of work to:
· Post-graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture
· A passion for inclusive and sustainable landscape architecture;
· Strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills;
· An adaptable, friendly person who is capable of taking responsibility for their own work and projects, or a willingness to work towards this;
· Experience in using Adobe Suite and CAD/Vectorworks Software;
· Someone who is flexible and open to working on a variety of projects and wanting to gain experience across the discipline; and
· Eligible to work in the UK, possess any relevant visas and be fluent in spoken and written English.
· Salary negotiable dependent on experience;
· Core Working Hours Mon-Fri 9am to 5.30pm (flexible and hybrid if necessary);
· Holiday Entitlement;
· Other benefits to be discussed at interview;
· Support towards CMLI if required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.