WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a new Landscape Design Coordinator (LDC) who will have a flair for design and a desire to work with and for urban communities in schools, public open spaces, and estates.
They will be part of the Trees for Cities Design Team, ensuring our Schools programme (including Edible Playgrounds, Planting Healthy Air, and Trees for Schools projects) is planned, designed, and delivered to the highest standards.
The LDC will support and advise our Design & Urban Forest teams on sourcing plants and materials, site selection, background research, and checking quality control during delivery on-site where needed. Working closely with our engagement teams both in schools and with our communities, the LDC will help to communicate ideas and collaborate on emerging schemes. They will be hands-on from time to time, to support the delivery of our planting proposals – which can be anything from large trees, hedgerows, and whips, to small-scale herbaceous and perennial plants.
They will collaborate across all key teams in TfC supporting our events, and delivery activities across London and the UK to ensure our landscape projects are quality checked to meet design and funder expectations. This may require travel and overnight stays to support project scoping, surveying, and delivery.
The LDC will be able to operate independently whilst being closely supported by team managers, to ensure projects meet all relevant standards and conform to applicable planning and statutory regulations. The LDC will provide and disseminate project progress reports against quality, time, and budgets; acting as the friendly and knowledgeable face of the organisation when needed, responding to queries, and discussing ideas with our partners and communities.
The role is fixed-term until June 2023 with the option to extend.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The LDC will be a skilled landscape designer, educated to degree level with relevant experience. They will actively be seeking Landscape Institute or other professional status. They will ideally have 2–3 years experience working in a similar field. They will:
– Visit sites across London and the UK to scope out, survey, and review delivery and quality control during and after installation for our schools programme (and urban forests from time to time).
– Assist the design managers by producing plans, details, and specifications for hard and soft landscape works and tree planting using our in house style and software (Vectorworks and InDesign)
– Work closely with both our in-house Build Team and contractors to ensure clear handover of design materials, specifications, and recorded site meetings.
– Assist in setting up and working to project budgets and contractual formalities with our partners.
– Support our Marketing & Communications and Design teams with clear and effective plans and illustrations.
– Work closely with our Monitoring and Evaluation team in establishing relevant questions and collecting and recording data accurately to support baseline information.
– Attend regular internal team meetings and represent TfC at events from time to time.
– Co-operate with Trees for Cities’ Health & Safety and Safeguarding Policies, to receive essential training to understand and follow correct procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Please view full job description on our website. Download and complete the application form and submit by email to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Landscape Coordinator’.
The closing date to apply is Midnight, Thursday 9th June 2022.
Trees for Cities is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. We value diversity and are committed to promoting diversity within the workplace. We aim to ensure that our employees achieve their full potential and that all employment decisions, including recruitment, are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria. A full copy of our Equal Opportunities Policy can be provided on request.
Registered Charity No: 1032154.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Trees for Cities
Trees for Cities is the only charity working on an international scale to create greener cities. We have been in existence for 27 years engaging communities to plant trees in parks, streets, schools, and housing estates across the UK, as well as internationally, revitalising these areas and improving the lives of the people who live in them. We strengthen communities through volunteering opportunities.