Landscape Graphic Technician at Tom Stuart-Smith Ltd
Tom Stuart-Smith Ltd is seeking a Landscape Graphic Technician with strong 3D visualisation skills. The practice works on a variety of public and private gardens, urban spaces and historical landscapes.
The Graphics Technician would report to the Head of Digital Design and would work closely with the landscape team being responsible for producing detailed drawings and 3D modelling using CGI programmes. This role would suit a someone that is looking for their second position and that has relevant experience of working within a Landscape or Architecture practice.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Strong 3D visualisation skills, able to demonstrate proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Vray, Lumion and Photoshop.
- Ability to produce drawings and specifications to the highest standard
- Production of presentation material
- Dedicated, organised and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Good command of office systems (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work effectively both individually and with a team.
- Can work under pressure and complete work for project deadlines.
- Interested in exploring new software and visual techniques.
- Fluency in English language
- Relevant experience and two good references essential.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and possess the relevant Visa to do so.
Our studio is currently based in Farringdon, but we will be relocating to a new studio at Serge Hill in Hertfordshire later this year. Our new office will sit alongside a community garden that includes a plant library for designers to develop their horticulture knowledge.
We offer annual CPD allowances so that you can continue to develop your skills and knowledge and we also plan annual study tours, with past trips including Piet Oudolf’s garden in the Netherlands and Charles Dowding’s ‘no-dig’ garden in the UK.
Application deadline: February 28th 2021
If you are interested in the position, please send a portfolio of recent work (max of 10MB), CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our work, please look at our website:
There will be two rounds to the application stage
- A screen recording task
- Interview with Tom Stuart-Smith, Emily Assheton and Frank Wu.
Please note that we may not be able to respond to all the applications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
About Tom Stuart-Smith Ltd
Tom Stuart-Smith Ltd is a landscape design practice with an international reputation for making gardens that combine naturalism and modernity. The practice was established in 1998. Work since has ranged from large gardens and parks open to the public, to smaller private gardens.