Randle Siddeley is a leading landscape architecture, construction and maintenance company.
Based in South-West London, we specialise in landscapes and gardens for high-end private residences and commercial developments ranging in value from £30,000 to £3m+.
We are now looking for a Project Landscape Architect with a passion for landscape architecture, garden design and plants to join our well established Design team and contribute to the creation of beautiful, feasible and compelling designs that can satisfy a range of clients.
Reporting to one of the Senior Landscape Architects, the ideal candidate will hold a degree in landscape architecture, be a chartered member of the Landscape Institute and have experience in overseeing and managing designs from start to finish.
Candidates must apply directly (not via a recruitment agency) and be eligible to work in the UK.
Essential Software Skills
- Indesign & photoshop
- Sketch up
- Microsoft Office
- NBS Landscape & Create
Desirable Software Skills
Requirements & Attributes
- Degree in landscape architecture and Landscape Institute Chartered Member
- Creative, self-motivated and well organised
- Exceptional design skills and technical ability
- Ability to produce technical drawings, details and specifications for both hard and soft landscaping
- Prepare, develop (with the team where required) and review drawings, 3D models, mood boards and other documents relating to the design
- Have a technical understanding of plant selection, soil analysis, topography, drainage, hardscape installation as required to complete a landscape project
- Have knowledge of Building Control regulations as they apply to landscape architecture and ensure projects are designed to be compliant
- Have a thorough understanding of how the UK planning system applies to Landscape Architecture
- Comfortable managing junior staff, delegating tasks, reviewing progress and compliance against the brief
- Proven project management experience
- Confident, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction by seniors or instruction by the director
- Ability to work well under pressure and successfully meet deadlines on time and to the required standard
- Understanding the hours required / available to spent on task and the financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- Assist senior staff with project forecasting and ensure that work is completed as allocated in order to ensure invoicing can be done on time
- Act as Quality Controller in the management of Randle Siddeley projects and production of drawings ensuring that Quality Assurance standards are complied with on all tasks
- Inspect and supervise landscape installation; review, analyse, assess, recommend / condemn work done by landscape contractors and consultants
- Demonstrate awareness of CDM regulations and assist in general administrative duties.
- Competitive salary
- Great office environment
- Flexible working
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.