As one of the top multi-disciplinary design consultancies in the UK, Pick Everard is committed to enhancing people’s lives by delivering successful schemes, with a design ethos that prioritises people-centred solutions.
We have grown significantly in the last two years, with our rapidly expanding Landscape Architecture Team, and in turn we are looking to appoint a Senior Landscape Architect or an experienced Landscape Architect.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Associate in London, with the flexibility of both home and office working.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career, working on innovative schemes within the public and private sector. Recent or ongoing projects include:
- Public Realm Scheme
- Pedestrianisation Scheme
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Wakehurst, Landscape masterplan
- A range of major projects and educational projects for Surrey County Council
- Public Realm Design Guide for new custodial schemes
Day to day responsibilities:
- Taking the lead on design of both hard and soft landscape
- Working closely with design groups to support project teams in creating sustainable landscape designs
- Developing projects from concept stage through to detailed design
- Representing the practice at client and site meetings, as appropriate
- Undertaking site visits, resolving site queries and inspecting work implemented by the contractor
- Overseeing the work of external landscape consultants if required
This opportunity will see the successful individual working collaboratively within the Landscape Team and with other disciplines within the practice, alongside a supportive lead who will encourage your personal growth and development.
Key skills and experience we would like you to have:
- Degree in Landscape Architecture with min. 5 years relevant experience
- CMLI qualification and line management experience for Senior Landscape Architects
- Experience in hard and soft landscape design, supported by good plant and construction knowledge
- Working knowledge of the British planning system
- Knowledge of forms of appointment and construction contracts
- Site experience
- Ability to use various computer software programmes relevant to role (AutoCad, Vectorworks, InDesign, Photoshop, Sketchup)
- Inquisitive nature, with a passion for design, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as report writing
- Team player, with the ability to work independently to deadlines and manage time with multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Good understanding and proactive approach to inter-disciplinary working, with overall commitment to the firm and its objectives
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We’re looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centred around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it’s good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards
- Annual BeingPickEverard awards
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Discount Scheme
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note we are not accepting speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies for this role.
About Pick Everard
Pick Everard provides the complete consultancy service needed to deliver property and construction projects. Delivered through 13 UK offices, the firm employs over 500 staff, and has operated for over 150 years within the UK property market.