Pick Everard is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice. Our goal is simple: to be the most highly regarded consultant in the property and construction industry. The firm employs nearly 500 staff and has operated for over 150 years within the UK property market.
About the role
We are currently looking to appoint an Assistant/Graduate Landscape Architect at our Leicester head office.
Landscape Architecture is the most recent addition to the range of services we offer to our clients and it has already proven to be very successful.
You will assist in the design and delivery of landscape projects and will be involved in a variety of public and private sector schemes across the UK (including education, healthcare, custodial, blue light, residential). You will be working alongside our Senior Landscape Architect and your main responsibilities will include:
- Study site characteristics and undertake survey advising on constraints and opportunities of the site and landscape context to ensure site integration
- Assist in developing landscape design from inception to completion
- Prepare drawings for all work stages and draft reports including specifications for design and construction for hard and soft landscape.
- Assist with cost estimates for landscape elements of the design
- Assist preparing Landscape Magagement Plans, provide input into BREEAM process
- Present technical work at meetings with both clients and colleagues if required
This role provides an exciting opportunity to develop within a small but dynamic team supported by a medium-sized multi-disciplinary consultancy with 11 offices across the UK.
Key skills and experience we’d like you to have:
- Degree accredited by the Landscape Institute (LI)
- Relevant work experience – desirable
- Ability to use various computer software programmes relevant to role – preferably Vectorworks (highly desirable, although training would also be provided); but if you have strong AutoCad / InDesign / Photoshop / Sketchup skills that’d be also useful
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player and self-motivated
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage time with multiple tasks with limited supervision
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
You will receive a competitive salary, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private health insurance (BUPA)
- 26 days’ leave + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
- Regular CPD sessions and Pathway to Chartership support
- Season ticket or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Our office is based in the centre of Leicester, with excellent public transport links and discounted car parking nearby, as well as plenty of shops / cafes / restaurants / gyms / etc.
If you are interested in this Assistant/Graduate Landscape Architect role in Leicester, please apply below with your CV and a covering letter.
To apply for this job please visit pickeverard.livevacancies.co.uk.