Associate / Principal Landscape Architect, Bristol
Leading development and infrastructure consultants; environment, planning, engineering and transport.
We are recruiting for an Associate or Principal Landscape Architect to join our Landscape Team in Bristol, to provide landscape consultancy advice and work on a rapidly expanding range of projects. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career and expertise by joining a growing business area and part of PBA’s successful Environment Group.
We are looking for candidates who are competent landscape planners and who share our desire to work with clients and stakeholders to create excellent places which provide multiple benefits to people, communities and the environment.
A registered practice with the Landscape Institute, our landscape team works on projects which require collaboration with other environmental specialists and multiple discipline experts across the business. Our projects include some nationally significant development, infrastructure and regeneration projects, which offer the opportunity to deliver effective and creative development solutions.
The successful candidate will provide direct support to the landscape team leader, contributing to, and growing, our flourishing landscape planning portfolio. The role includes preparation of fee proposals, financial management and mentoring junior staff. There is opportunity to influence and help shape the growth of the landscape business at PBA, now part of Stantec, as well as opportunity to progress in your career.
The technical focus of the role is to provide landscape planning support to projects for a wide range of developments throughout the UK. In addition, the role includes leading and managing the landscape input to projects for clients and cultivating strong client and project team relationships, where you are the day-to-day contact providing rounded and high-quality consultancy advice. You will be encouraged to innovate and work with clients and other disciplines to create sustainable value for our clients and communities.
Our ideal candidate is a confident and motivated landscape architect with at least 10 years’ of relevant post-qualification UK project experience, who is a proactive team player and has excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate is required to have:
- Proven experience of undertaking LVIAs and appraisals, in support of planning applications;
- Excellent analytical and technical abilities, being well-organised and able to be flexible in their approach to tasks and collaborations;
- Confidence in client interactions and building effective relationships;
- An established network of contacts;
- A good knowledge of environmental planning issues, beyond the discipline of landscape architecture, and environmental impact assessment;
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with the ability to compile and check reports;
- Experience of managing others.
It will be advantageous, but not essential, to have:
- Experience in undertaking townscape assessments;
- Chartered membership of the Landscape Institute (CMLI);
- Expert Witness experience.
For more information on this position please contact Tim Keyte, Talent Acquisition Specialist on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07469 118 428.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peterbrett.com.