If you would like to be involved in performing a key role in delivering our landscape consultancy services across the UK, then we have an opportunity that you should consider.
We are looking for a chartered landscape architect with proven experience in the management and delivery of technical design information, for a challenging role in in our growing environmental team. You must have design experience within the major project arena and a good knowledge of the EIA process, including experience in preparing Landscape Visual Impact Assessments.
This role will be based in Southampton or Croydon.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
You will have substantial project experience in delivering high quality public realm technical-design packages, with the ability to manage a small team of supporting project landscape architects in the delivery of design information. You should also have a range of design experience and be able to present your work in a variety of media.
Initially, you will fulfil a prominent role on these projects, delivering the assessment and technical design. As the role develops it is expected that you will develop new landscape work both through internal and external clients. This business development role will also include assisting the wider Mott MacDonald landscape and environmental teams and in procuring new work and delivering their project commitments.
In addition to this, the position would include the following requirements:
Assist in the production of visualisations, conceptual, detailed and associated contract drawings, presentation drawings, schedules and specifications for landscape and urban design improvement schemes
Assist in the management of projects both financially and as a small team project leader with the ability to prepare regular updates for senior management
Provide mentoring for colleagues on their pathway to chartership and coaching to junior members
Raise the profile of landscape architecture in Mott MacDonald through contributing to publications and attending events
You will have strong experience of designing and the technical delivery of both hard and soft landscape schemes. Coupled with the ability to manage your own workload and that of others, whilst being an integral member of the wider design and EIA team.
You should also be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
· Experience of landscape, townscape and visual impact assessment as part of the wider EIA process
· Chartered member of the Landscape Institute
· Experience of delivering technical design packages will be sought, and how your experience of this emerging design process aligns with the Mott MacDonald landscape team’s strategic aspirations
· Strong computer skills and experience of the following software packages would be an advantage: Autodesk REVIT, Autodesk AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUP
· Be comfortable with dealing with a wide range of clients, from both the public and private sector
· Good written and spoken communication skills are essential
· You will need a full UK driving license
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.mottmac.com/job/38389/senior-landscape-architect →