Landscape Architect, Ireland
About the role:
This is a fabulous opportunity for a motivated individual to establish LUC’s Ireland office and manage a substantial existing order book and pipeline of projects.
We are seeking an experienced and talented Landscape Architect to deliver these projects, drawing on the skills and support of the wider LUC Design team, with the scope to develop a new office in Ireland and take a leadership role in our presence there.
With established UK offices in London, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow, LUC’s award-winning Design Team has an expanding portfolio of challenging and high-profile projects. Our Ireland portfolio currently includes a number of town centre public realm improvement schemes.
This role is an opportunity to work with a sincere, employee-owned company with strong values and a particular focus on addressing the climate emergency. Our Design team has a friendly and informal working atmosphere, but we are passionate about the quality of our work, providing the best design solutions for our clients and the environment, and making excellent ‘people places’.
You will have the chance to share and participate actively in the management and ownership of the business through the Employee Ownership Trust, which places full ownership of the company with the employees.
LUC is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups. We value the differences, needs and contributions a diverse workforce represents, and we strive to embed equality, diversity and inclusion in all our people related activities.
There is some flexibility on location, but it is likely this role will be based in central / west regions, with options for a blend of office-based and home working.
A full-time role would be based on 37.5 hours Monday to Friday. However, LUC has a strong track record in flexible working and we have been recognised for our flexible working culture, so we are happy to discuss a range of flexible working options for this role including part time hours (minimum 30 hours per week) if desired.
We will agree an attractive package of pay and benefits.
We are looking for a strong designer with good all round design skills including concept design, graphics, presentation, verbal and written communication, with a solid technical competence and proven delivery experience. You will need to be capable of supporting work-winning activities and identifying new work opportunities. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative and people-focussed with a positive outlook.
Experience and qualifications
- Landscape Architecture qualification at degree or post graduate level.
- Fully chartered member of the Irish Landscape Institute or the Landscape Institute.
- Experience of delivering high quality landscape design projects from inception to completion.
- Experience of designing and implementing large infrastructure projects (e.g. university campus, business park, historic park, town centre public realm).
- Managing the outputs and reviewing work undertaken by junior members of staff.
- Experience of being client facing as well as working as part of multidisciplinary design teams.
- Good, current knowledge of the local market, planning systems and legislation (e.g. Ireland 2040).
- Good project management skills and contract administration experience.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software including AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Full Irish driving licence.
- Experience of tendering and work winning.
- Delivery of projects to current BIM standards and use of Revit software.
- Strong hand drawing skills.
- Masterplanning experience.
- Consultation and engagement experience.
For further details about LUC please visit our website www.landuse.co.uk
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Ireland.
To apply please email your CV and portfolio with a covering letter, quoting reference: 2021-23 to Helen Ash, Director, People & Culture, at: HR@landuse.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to HR@landuse.co.uk.
LUC is an independent planning, impact assessment, landscape design and ecology consultancy, working across the UK and internationally.
With a track record spanning 50 years and a team of over 200 skilled professionals, we bring great depth of knowledge and experience to our work across the private and public sectors.
In order to help secure our continued independence, we have recently become a fully employee owed business after establishing an employee ownership trust (EOT). This aligns with our strong focus on people; everyone at LUC is involved in key company decisions and has a say in how we work.
Whether we are advising a commercial developer, utility company, Government agency or local authority, ours is a collaborative approach, which puts the client at the heart of the process.
We listen. We take the time to understand what drives our clients. Then we create bespoke and appropriate solutions that meet their needs and deliver the greatest value for their projects.
We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovative thinking, which has led to a strong reputation for successfully resolving even the most complex of issues. No matter what the project, we aim to find the most sustainable solution.
We are also passionate about the legacy we leave and hope to make a real difference through the work we do.