- Location: Flexible
- Grade & Salary: £39,700 – £44,522
- Type of contract: Fixed term, to 31 March 2025, with the possibility of extension
- Work pattern: 37 hours a week
Closing date: 31 July 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
We are seeking a specialist landscape advisor to work across our Designated Landscapes Programme to provide technical and strategic advice on the management, conservation and enhancement of landscape, natural beauty and designated landscapes. The role will provide advice and support to internal colleagues and to designated landscape managers, local authorities, Welsh Government and other partners.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to landscape, natural beauty, and designated landscape systems. Welsh, UK Government policy drivers and strategies in landscape and designated landscape and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of the range of partners and stakeholders involved with landscapes in Wales.
- Experience of: in-depth understanding of one or more of the following topic; natural beauty and landscape, designated landscape management planning and governance, green infrastructure, landscape and seascape characterisation, historic landscape and LANDMAP, and the complex range of drivers and barriers to delivery.
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
- You will be a member of the landscape institute/other environmental professional body and/ or working towards membership.
- Representing the organisation in high profile and contentious issues in the public arena.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in EPP as required
To apply, please visit our website.