Due to our expanding project portfolio we are currently seeking an experienced Landscape Architect / Designer and Landscape Planner to join our growing team at our studios in Hampshire. Our continued success stems from our personal approach and passion for creating design solutions that bring ‘Landscape to Life’ and help reconnect people with the environment.
Our current project list is largely based across the South of England and London, ranging from strategic masterplanning through to individual buildings across a range of sectors. We are also actively looking to foster new opportunities further afield, so this is an exciting time to join Deacon Design and help shape the future of the practice with shareholder status a consideration for the right individual.
Working closely with founding partner Phil Deacon and the rest of the team, successful applicants will complement the practices’ design philosophy working within a friendly, open and flexible working environment. You will be client facing and able to demonstrate a passion for both the built and natural environment through creative thinking, with a desire to mentor and provide support to junior members of staff.
Principal Landscape Architect / Full time / Salary £35,000-£45,000 plus benefits (dependant on experience)
Job Description / Experience / Skills
· Senior member, ideally CMLI supporting director Phil Deacon in shaping the future development of the practice.
· Confident and friendly client facing individual able to manage several projects, team members and external consultants.
· Keen eye for design with a willingness to interrogate client briefs and develop new ideas alongside fellow design team members and consultants.
· Able to manage some projects individually and be comfortable to attend design team meetings on behalf of the practice.
· Proven experience in delivering landscape and urban design solutions through a range of media including hand drawing, written reports, 2&3D graphics.
· Good horticulture knowledge preferred.
· Comprehensive software experience in Adobe CC, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office with Keyscape / Sketchup also desirable.
· Valid UK driving licence essential.
Landscape Planner / LVIA Specialist – Full Time and/or Part Time considered / Salary £30,000-£38,000 Pro Rata plus benefits (dependant on experience)
· Experienced landscape architect and/or planner working closely with the landscape design team to provide feedback from desk and field based site appraisals.
· Liaising with clients, sub consultants and other disciplines to develop strategic masterplans / GI Opportunities and landscape input to development frameworks.
· Knowledge of preparing LVIA’s and Landscape and Visual Site Appraisals with up to date knowledge of the UK planning system and good report writing skills.
· Experience of associated landscape based software data including GIS / ZTV / Adobe CC / Microsoft Office desirable but not essential.
· Valid UK driving licence essential.
Whilst we are currently envisaging two roles, consideration will be given to individuals whom have a combination of the above skills and experience with remuneration applied appropriately.
Deacon Design Benefits include:
· Flexible working environment
· 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays (Increasing annually up to 32 days).
· Profit related bonus scheme with opportunity for the right individual to come onboard as a future shareholder.
· Stakeholder Pension.
· Landscape Institute subscription fees paid.
· Mentoring Support for P2C candidates and/or CPD contributions.
Interested applicants should email their CV and examples of work (no more than 20mb) to Donna Spencer at email@example.com or should you wish to discuss the roles in more detail please feel free to contact Phil Deacon on 01329 237067 for an informal chat.
To apply for this job email your details to Phil@deacondesign.co.uk