With exciting new projects on the horizon, we’re looking for a talented Landscape Architect to join our award-winning design team. The Landscape Architect is an exciting role within our landscape design company – responsible for working on a wide variety of residential and commercial projects at all stages, from concept design right through to construction. From roof terraces and family gardens, to country estates and heritage landscapes, you’ll also have the opportunity to work on high-end mixed use developments and public landscapes for schools and hospitals.
You’ll be confident, conscientious and someone with a can-do attitude. You’ll have a structured, proactive and creative approach to design and project development and will be comfortable working closely with other senior designers in the team. You’ll also take a keen interest in your work and will be confident working in a complex and fast-paced environment.
For an ambitious and dedicated Landscape Architect, this is an exciting career opportunity to develop personally and work with the best in the business in a progressive and creative company.
- You’ll help to prepare the design and drafting of landscape projects both by hand and using AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Lumion and Photoshop
- You’ll render and amend drawings
- You’ll produce construction detail drawings and assist with tender packages
- You’ll undertake site visits, work with other consultants and will attend meetings where needed
- You’ll liaise with clients and attend meetings when needed by senior members of the team
- You’ll respond to new enquiries
- You’ll work within budgets and meet client requirements
- You’ll generate specifications, presentations and other documents as part of the design process
- You’ll attend regular CPD sessions and events, including design crits and knowledge sharing sessions in the office
- You’ll work closely with other members of staff including designers, foremen, site and maintenance operatives, as well as the admin team
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You’ll have a degree in landscape architecture, but we’ll also welcome experienced garden designers with a diploma in garden design and a strong interest or experience in landscape architecture
- You’ll have 2 – 5 years experience working in a landscape design office
- You’ll be confident in producing presentation and detail drawings both independently and with instruction
- You’ll have strong conceptual and design skills
- You’ll have a good knowledge of planting and technical skills
- You’ll be experienced in using AutoCAD, InDesign, Sketch Up and Photoshop. Any experience in Lumion and BIM would be beneficial too
- You’ll be fluent in both spoken and written English
- You’ll be organised, analytical and manage your time efficiently
- And ideally, you’ll have a full clean driving license
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
About Bowles & Wyer
Landscapes are in our DNA – we design, build, and tend them for private individuals, businesses and organisations across the UK. We’re convinced that landscapes have the power to enhance lives – something we work hard to make happen every day, for all of our clients.
We’re a diverse team, but we all share some important core values. Trust, excellence and creativity are the everyday metrics we use to measure our work. More than empty corporate values - engendering trust, demanding excellence and nurturing creativity are how we run our business and create value for our clients and for ourselves.
We’re an established business with a 25-year plus heritage, but we have a forward-thinking and values-led culture. You’ll be working in a knowledgeable and friendly team – where you’ll have the chance to work on innovative and exciting projects, whilst dealing with high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients.
You’ll also get access to our amazing benefits: our profit share scheme, 23 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays), and continuous on-the-job training. You'll also have some flexibility for working from home for periods of the week.