Website Boffa Miskell
Play your part in shaping New Zealand's landscapes.
Due to recent growth we’re on the lookout for an experienced, enthusiastic and talented Associate/Principal Landscape Architect to join our passionate design team in Otāutahi/Christchurch. You’ll be working on a broad range of challenging and exciting projects which represent some of the most innovative work occurring around Te Waipounamu, the South Island and Aotearoa.
Working from our new studio in the heart of central city, you will have easy access to the outdoors, including mountains, hills, beaches, lakes and rivers, providing a great opportunity for work/life balance. Christchurch is a fresh, energetic, active and family-friendly city with a focus on community.
Ideally, you’ll bring at least 8 years’ professional experience, which will span a wide range of design work, as well as the following:
- Skills in developing lasting client relationships and the ability to identify new opportunities using market knowledge and competitor activity.
- Experience as a project design lead, responsible for the overall design, the coordination of project deliverables and meeting key project milestones.
- A creative, critical eye and the ability to problem solve and actively contribute ideas within a collaborative team.
- A great graphic ability. This means you know how to use a pencil, a pen, a scale ruler and a broad range of digital tools and techniques such as Adobe Suite, AutoCAD and SketchUp, with BIM skills and knowledge being advantageous.
- Proven experience in documenting landscape projects from concept through to construction documentation.
- A keen interest in developing and mentoring those around you.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including being an effective and confident communicator to a broad audience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, and current NZILA Registration (or overseas equivalent).
We offer a supportive, collaborative and respectful working environment, and value having an inclusive and diverse workplace. We offer ongoing opportunities for professional and personal development to ensure that our people can become the very best version of themselves. The broad range and scale of project work we do allows our team the possibility to work closely with urban designers, ecologists, biosecurity specialists, cultural advisors, landscape planners and planners. Regardless of discipline, we are all passionate people who excel at what we do.
Boffa Miskell is a leading New Zealand professional services consultancy. We are employee-owned and have been in business for 45 years. We work in partnership with our clients to fully understand each project, explore its possibilities and provide creative solutions based on sound knowledge and experience. We bring together professionals with an integrated environmental view, the ability to think creatively and with leadership and collaboration skills to deliver award-winning projects.
To learn more about our projects and our people visit us online:
For a confidential discussion please call Katherine on +64 3 364 4778
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 2 October 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com