Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
With Amey Consulting, you’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive
Fresh Challenges, New Opportunities
Our Environment and Sustainability team provides strategic environmental consultancy services across transport, utilities, defence and local government infrastructure. The team has a diverse range of skilled people with expertise in ecology, noise, air quality, landscape, arboricultural services, archaeology, carbon modelling, EIA coordination, EMS and auditing, and GIS specialists, servicing the consulting needs within the wider Amey group.
We are looking to grow our capability in several areas following successfully securing a number of very large infrastructures projects. We view this Principal Landscape Architect role as a key opportunity to build, develop and lead our delivery across all the projects in the Amey Consulting portfolio.
Are you a Principal Landscape Architect passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects?
This is an exciting opportunity to lead on a variety of major large-scale road, rail and public realm schemes across the UK including A66 Northern Trans-Pennine Upgrade, A96 East of Huntley to Aberdeen, Wales and Borders: Core Valley Line Transformation, as well as a variety of other local authorities, Highways England, DfI NI, Transport Scotland and Network Rail contracts.
We want to hear from you if:
· Chartered Landscape Architect with 5 years’+ post chartership experience;
· Significant demonstrable experience of delivering Landscape Visual Impact Assessments in accordance with industry standard methodologies (GLVIA, DMRB) in support of EIAs and other environmental assessments;
· Experience and interest in other Landscape deliverables such as design statements, mitigation and planting design, public realm, Landscape Management Plans and / or project design reports;
· Previous experience as professional witness in large scale planning reviews / public enquiries would be beneficial;
· Ability to manage budgets and resourcing ensuring project stages are delivered on time and on budget;
· Ability to recognise changes to scope that will affect cost and programme; and be able to quantify and raise these changes through the Early Warning and Compensation Event process;
· Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment interacting with ecologists, arborists, design teams, clients and stakeholders;
· Demonstrable experience of working in a collaborative or joint venture environment is highly desirable.
· Experience and willingness to develop, lead and mentor junior staff.
Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
· Competitive salary
· Exceptional development and progression plan
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Minimum 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
· Bonus Scheme
· Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
· Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and childcare vouchers
Your Career at Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting, we value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Amey Consulting
Amey Consulting is one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, inspiring change, driving improvements across the UK's national infrastructure and creating a positive impact on society. We want to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, whether we're using data to reduce delays across the road and rail network, designing carbon neutral schemes or delivering critical infrastructure projects. Our ambition is to leave a legacy of sustainable infrastructure for future generations. Our team of designers, engineers and consultants are transforming the way we design strategic assets - providing collective creativity to our clients, to keep the country moving, and supporting economic growth. Providing two core services within our portfolio - Consultancy & Design and Advisory & Analytics, find out more about Amey Consulting.